Thursday, January 4, 2018

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Trying to get caught up from a few very busy days on the trip. I "slept in" until 6:30 and did a little bit of writing before getting ready for my day. I headed down and had breakfast (the same dish as previously, however, forgetting the name!)

I got some quick tips from Paul, moved out of my room, and off I went to explore Chiang Mai. I will admit that I was a bit disappointed with Chiang Mai at first. I had heard so many wonderful things but found it to be much larger a city than expected, and the city center area was packed in with semi-modern buildings, black tinged from what I suspect is pollution, and then those thick, prevalent power lines everywhere. I found that if you look for it, there is really a charm to the city. There are wats everywhere and even a random wander exposes them. Many have the striking gold tops so you find you search that out to find the magical beautiful treasure beneath.

**************
Apparently my post got eaten so I will simply post pictures of Chiang Mai. It's quite lovely.. if you peer beneath the surface of the old not-very charming buildings covered with layers of black (soot? polution?) you'll see a city with a really great energy. I can't really explain but there's just something about it. Oh, and the beautiful Wats throughout!


















No comments: