- Cathedral and walk around the old quarter- Gothic district and Born
- We stayed in the Born and LOVED it. You can't turn your head and not see a great tapas place! I recommend checking out AirBNB and considering an apartment to feel like a local
- Gaudi- I'm not a fan, but it's worth seeing the outside of Casa Batllo and Casa Mila. We toured La Sagrada Familia and that's worth seeing. I did hear Parc Guell is nice too though we couldn't get tickets at a good time.
- Barceloneta beach
- La Rambla (main road)
- the tapas are to die for here and a great way to make a meal- just go to a place or two and order a couple with wine or sangria!
- Flamenco- we went to Palau Dalmases and enjoyed it
- You can't find a bad restaurant in the Born area. Marie and I went to 5 or 6 and all were great. I went to two the last night and they were both wonderful. Tapeo is the only name I remember but all were good. If they are busy, jump on in!
- Marienplatz including the Glockenspiel, St Peter's church (and climb it!)
- Viktualienmarkt (market)
- City gates like Sendlinger Tor
- Asam Church
- There is a lot of history so walking tours are great (Sandeman's free tour was very good!)
- I stayed in Gartnerplatz which is perfect- not quite as noisy and crowded as Marienplatz but a lot of great restaurants and bars and only 10 minutes away
- Garmisch-Patenkirchen is a great place for an overnight. See the Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany. It's beautiful!!
- Trip to Neuschwanstein Castle. I was told Linderhof Castle is even prettier, but is not what Disney modeled their famous castle after!
- Salzburg- truly beautiful small city with a lovely old district including a fortress high on a hill with a great view of the city, an old Market and some gorgeous churches. It's pricy but worth seeing. Tomasso's is a great little pastry place.
Bavaria is truly beautiful and worth exploring some of the small towns!