- Christiansborg Slot
- Rosenborg Slot (and the crown jewels)
- Amalienborg Slot
- Canal boat ride (Netto)
- Nyhaven- touristy canal area for drinks, food and beautiful views
- The Little Mermaid Statue
- Botanical Garden
- Tivoli (we didn't go and walked by, but looked like it would be a great amusement park for kids)
Copenhagen is very much a walking city. There are beautiful views and lovely architecture everywhere. Take in the Palaces (Slot) and walk around. There are several walking streets (no cars) with lots of shops.
- Adina Apartment Hotel (I stayed in Checkpoint Charlie, but there are 2 others in different areas)
- Hackasche Hofe- display of the courtyard architecture found in Berlin
- Neue Synagoge (New Synagogue)-- beautiful on the outside and has some interesting things to read inside
- Checkpoint Charlie- the museum is worth seeing but just walk around-- don't pay to go inside
- Brandenborg Tor (Gate)- symbol of post-WWII Germany
- Tiergarten- park in central Berlin worth walking around and seeing the sculptures
- Potsdam/Sans Souci Palace- gorgeous palaces and a nice day trip. Lots of WWII and post WWII history (where the 'Big 3 met', home to the Germany KGB, etc.
- Gendarmenmarkt- beautiful plaza with two gorgeous churches and the Konzert Haus
- Berlin Dome
- Pergamon Museum- a MUST! Some amazing historical items from the middle east and other areas.