Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Portland Day 3

I needed some 'me' time so headed off solo for the Lan Su Chinese Garden. Their moto is 'Between Lake and Mountain Lies True Meaning. Beautiful!! It's described as a window into Chinese culture, history and way of thinking. It was built by Chinese artisans and is the most authentic Chinese garden outside of China. It's designed after a garden located in Portland's Chinese sister city, Suzhou. It features over 300 plan species found in traditional Chinese gardens.



The garden features an adorable little tea shop, which reminded me of the tea shop I went to in Seoul, South Korea. I got a white tea and some almond cookies for breakfast, and enjoyed the music.







I left and decided to explore a bit more. I walked past voodoo Doughnuts and an incredibly long line. it's a Portland thing, and I was told that I have to go by a Portland native. I didn't, but did snap a picture of some doughnuts.
I decided to try a cup of Stumptown Coffee and do some writing.









Some of the other fun things I saw on my trip.


Fabulous moss-covered tree I forgot to post from Multnomah Falls. And the peace sign is from Washington Park.




No comments: