Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Portland day 2

The gal that I went to dinner with and I decided to head to Washington Park to visit the Japanese Garden, and the Rose Garden. Both were just stunning, and we spent several hours just walking around and taking in the gorgeous scenery.

Japanese Garden





Rose Garden




We walked over to the food carts (like food trucks, but they are fixed) and got some Thai food and walked around the city for a bit. People here are SO nice! Several times over the weekend, people stopped to ask if we needed help when they saw us looking at a map. Wow!


We stopped at a place called Cacao for mochas, and to charge our phones. Then we headed to the waterfront to enjoy fireworks. They shoot them over the Willamette River over a bridge, and were really impressive!!

Great day and I'm really enjoying this town. The weather has been glorious! Cool in the mornings and evenings, bright and sunny. I'm envisioning packing my bags..

s

No comments: