Saturday, November 29, 2008

Back to Boston

This trip started as my musings of what I'd like to do for my birthday, and became a wonderful week reconnecting with my friends in New England. I spent time with my best friend Tom, his crazy dog Becca and his wonderful roommate (who made me a birthday cake!) I visited with Kristin (college), Lauri and Fang (worked with both of them).

I also spent time in my New England "Happy Places": Boston, Newport, Ogunquit and Kennebunkport, and Amherst/Northampton. My birthday was wonderful! I got to spend it with Katya, whom I used to mentor when she was in high school. We kicked around Boston, had lunch at my favorite restaurant in the North End (Assagio), enjoyed a cannoli in an italian bakery, then I high-tailed it up to Maine where my other birthday wish came true: I dipped my toes in the sand in Ogunquit. Had a wonderful day up there as well. I got to see the Nubble Lighthouse, walk the marginal way (Ogunquit) and the cliffwalk (Newport), and dine in my favorite restaurants in Northhampton and Amherst, as well as fit in a quick driving tour around my former college campus.

Then I had a special trip to meet Sheryl, whom I've been chatting with through the Best Friends network for quite a while. I met her and her husband Chris, as well as her furry crew of four cats (Teazer, Bailer, Jewel and the very special "Sammy the Serpent.") We had a beautifully crisp fall day and had a great time talking in person!

The trip was really wonderful and I'll admit to being the tiniest bit homesick for New England..

Trip to Boston 11/08


Trip to Boston 2

No comments: