Sunday, April 11, 2010

Seeking warmth in CO

Yesterday turned out to be much colder then the weather peeps claimed it would be! I spent the morning with Tanya's family, then headed to the airport to meet my brother and drop the rental car. Got to catch up with my brother on the way back and we were greeted by a very exited Mason! On the way we stopped by the toy store for Mason's birthday gift of a couple trains to go with his incredibly exciting Thomas the Train set. Who knew little blocks of wood with wheels could be SO exciting?! He saw the bag and dove in, all giddy with excitement. He drove them around the car for a bit, then found the bubbles and the trains were momentarily forgotten. He had a blast blowing bubbles all over the car and me, of course.

He's talking up a storm now and very interactive, which is fun. Still very into mommy, but every now and then I hear a "where's Auntie SAM?? I want Sam!!" I'm only too happy to comply. He then regaled me with story after story about his trains, 'Emby and Ebard' (Emily and Edward). Snuggle time ended as quickly as it started, and he was off to the next exciting adventure banging on my poor computer and watching Thomas the Train videos on youtube. You might notice a trend.

They got a goldendoodle puppy who's a cross between a crazy puppy and a muppet. Long black curly hair and the sweetest disposition. His name is Bishop but Mason couldn't say it and calls him 'fish sticks.' It's hilarious!

Mason has the coldest feet on the planet, and when he settles down to snuggle, he likes to push them between your legs to warm them. It's a good thing he's so cute.


We had planned to camp but the temperature really dipped low in the late afternoon, so I bundled up shivering and we stayed put. He decided to play a little game of going in and out of our rooms to do his best to avoid sleep. I read him a story to no avail, and finally turned out the light! He's now sitting on my lap watching me type being really good, though I know he's waiting for the moment when youtube can come back on with Thomas..

"What's Emby doing? What's Emby doing? Where's Ebard?" It's going to be a fun-filled day of trains and more trains....


No comments: